Things are heating up over here at Icinga – we are now at feature-freeze and Icinga 2 Beta is scheduled for next Tuesday. This is the best time to get your hands dirty with Icinga 2, and share your feedback.
- Define hosts, services and groups with the new “apply” and “assign where” rules
- Write check, notification and event commands with conditional behaviour arguments
- Apply notifications and import check templates to host and service objects
- Play with runtime macros
- Set recurring downtimes
- Apply dependencies from service to host or vice versa
- Try Livestatus or Graphite natively using icinga2-enable-feature / icinga2-disable-feature tools
Alongside our docs, take a look at our Icinga Template Library (ITL) for templates and command definitions. You will be amazed at how easy and flexible the new Icinga 2 format is.
We have just 6 days to go and anything you can do will help make Icinga 2 Beta just that bit better. Thanks for making our work on Icinga 2 all worthwhile.